School of Xenostudies, Romulan
These courses are an in-depth study of Romulan culture, military, government, and technology. All information needed to answer the 100 and 200 level exams may be derived from the Course Manual. Some questions will ask you to draw conclusions from the facts presented. The 301-level project will require outside research from such sources as Star Trek episodes, source books, technical manuals, or informational websites. Courses are currently available through the XR-301 level and all are available online for immediate credit.
XR-111 The Romulian Government: The Romulan people and the Tal'Shiar: This course will give the student a basic understanding of the Romulan people and the Tal'Shiar. Completion of this course allows the Student to petition the STARFLEET Academy's Romulan Orientation College for credit for ROC-102. Prerequisite for this course: XR-101.
XR-121 The Romulan Military and Technology: This course will give the student a basic understanding of the Romulan military and its the various technologies that it employs. Completion of this course allows the Student to petition the STARFLEET Academy's Romulan Orientation College for credit for ROC-103. Prerequisite for this course: XR-111.
XR-201 Species Analysis: This course requires the student to apply the knowledge gained in the previous courses to various questions. Completion of this course allows the Student to petition the STARFLEET Academy's Romulan Orientation College for credit for ROC-201. Prerequisite for this course: XR-121.
XR-301 Independent Study of Romulan Culture: For the final step in Romulan Culture Studies the student must complete an independent studies project. The independent studies project must either consist of a paper or another approved project. The student MUST submit a topic or project description to the Branch Director for approval. Once approved the student will then have 10 weeks to submit their independent studies project for grading. After submittal and if the student receives a passing grade, then the student will be awarded a Bachelor of Military Science Degree with a Concentration in Romulan Culture Studies. Prerequisite for this course: XR-201.
Before sending a request for a level -30 project please read the following:
- The Branch Director has the authority to approve or deny any and all requests for this course and their decisions are final.
- Projects MUST in some way shape or form relate to the SFMC and the branch for which you are applying to.
- You must submit a topic or project description when requesting this course. Any requests without a topic or project description will not be honored.
- College-style papers.
- Specifications / descriptions and/or technical drawings of new technology relating to the branch.
- A short story that utilizes the material in the branch.
- An addition to the branch's manual relating to a topic not covered by the existing manual.
- A new exam and answers for the branch (Please note that this is at the Branch Directors discretion).