School of Xenostudies, Klingon
These courses are an in-depth study of Klingon culture, military, government, and technology. These courses have no manual and require the student to have access to the Star Trek Encyclopedia, The Klingon Dictionary and other readily available reference sources on the Star Trek Universe and the ability to research the Internet for information necessary to complete the courses. Courses are currently available through the XK-300 level and all are available online for immediate credit.
The manuals necessary for these courses can be downloaded from the SFMCA Library.
XK-101 Basic Klingon Studies I: An introduction to the Klingon History, Weapons, Language and basic knowledge of the Race and Culture. Prerequisite for this course: PD-100.
XK-111 Basic Klingon Studies II: An Introduction to Klingon Society, Medicine, Physiology, Government and Famous Klingons. Prerequisite for this course: XK-101.
XK-121 Basic Klingon Studies III: An Introduction to Klingon Starships, Command, Ranks, Names, Honorifics and Famous Klingons. Prerequisite for this course: XK-111.
XK-201 Advanced Klingon Studies: Advanced Studies in Klingon History, Weapons, Language and basic knowledge of the Race and Culture. Prerequisite for this course: XK-101.
XK-211 Advanced Klingon Studies II: Advanced studies in Klingon Society, Medicine, Physiology, Government and Famous Klingons. Prerequisite for this course: XK-111.
XK-221 Advanced Klingon Studies III: Advanced studies in Klingon Starships, Command, Ranks, Names, Honorifics and Famous Klingons. Prerequisite for this course: XK-121.
XK-301 Independent Study in Klingon Culture: For the final step in Klingon Studies the student must complete an independent studies project. The independent studies project must either consist of a paper or another approved project. The student MUST submit a topic or project description to the Branch Director for approval. Once approved the student will then have 10 weeks to submit their independent studies project for grading. After submittal and if the student receives a passing grade, then the student will be awarded a Bachelor of Military Science Degree with a Concentration in Klingon Studies. Prerequisite for this course: XK-221.
Before sending a request for a level -300 project please read the following:
- The Branch Director has the authority to approve or deny any and all requests for this course and their decisions are final.
- Projects MUST in some way shape or form relate to the SFMC and the branch for which you are applying to.
- You must submit a topic or project description when requesting this course. Any requests without a topic or project description will not be honored.
Below are some SUGGESTED projects. A student can either use the suggested projects or any other project that they can think of. Please note however that these are suggestions only and that directors may or may not approve them.
- College-style papers.
- Specifications / descriptions and/or technical drawings of new technology relating to the branch.
- A short story that utilizes the material in the branch.
- An addition to the branch’s manual relating to a topic not covered by the existing manual.
- A new exam and answers for the branch (Please note that this is at the Branch Directors discretion).